All UNSW students are required to notify the University of any change to residency status within seven (7) days of receiving notification from the Australian Government. For example, from an International Student Visa to an Australian Permanent Resident, or from Australian Permanent Resident to an Australian Citizen.

To advise the University of a change to your visa or residency status, please complete the Change of Residency form.

Note: Your request cannot be processed until you provide certified documentary evidence. Specific details are outlined on the request form. 

Evidence can be:

  • Australian or other passport
  • Australian or New Zealand Citizen Certificate
  • International Student
  • Visa Label Other Visa Label
  • Electronic Visa Confirmation (you will also need to provide a copy of your current passport)

To certify documentation either:

  • Take a copy and the original to a Justice of the Peace for their signature and registration number, OR
  • Take the original document into Student Central to be certified.

Further information may be found on the UNSW website or by contacting the UNSW Student Financials team. 

The Financials Team is here to help you with any aspect of financials: