Deferring your program (delaying the start date of your program) is for commencing students only. It is not an option if you've already completed one or more semesters or terms of study at UNSW.
You can defer at 3 stages:
- You can defer your program start date at the beginning part of the online acceptance process.
- If you have accepted your offer but have not enrolled in courses and wish to defer, simply contact the UNSW Admissions office to organise it. UNSW Admissions can be contacted through the Admissions Enquiry Form or by phone: 9385 3656.
- If you have already enrolled in one or more courses and wish to defer, you can apply for Program Deferment via your myUNSW account. This request must be submitted before the census date for your commencing term.
- Log in to your myUNSW account.
- Select the My Student Profile tab.
- Under the Online Services heading select Program Leave/Discontinuation.
- Create a new application for 'Program Leave'.
If you have completed one or more semesters or terms at UNSW and you need to take a break from your studies, see information on program leave.