ELISE | Informing your studies is designed to introduce new students to studying at UNSW.
You will learn how to:
- analyse topics, plan responses and organise research for academic writing and other assessment tasks
- effectively and efficiently find appropriate information sources and evaluate relevance to your needs
- use and manage information effectively to accomplish a specific purpose
- better manage your time
- understand your rights and responsibilities as a student at UNSW
- be aware of plagiarism, copyright, UNSW Student Code of Conduct and Acceptable Use of UNSW ICT Resources Policy
- locate services and information about UNSW and UNSW Library
Some of these areas will be familiar to you, others will be new. Gaining a solid understanding of all the related aspects of ELISE will help you make the most of your studies at UNSW.
It is mandatory for all commencing UNSW undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students to complete and pass the ELISE quiz. You will be able to access the quiz via Moodle from the beginning of your first term and will need to complete it by Week 3 to avoid being blocked from re-enrolling in the next term.
You can come back to the ELISE | Informing your studies tutorial at any time to refresh your knowledge.