This is for Engineering STUDENTS with the following criteria:
- Have not started or completed ANY of 60 days Industrial Training (IT)
- Are in any year or at any stage of their undergraduate degree
- DOES NOT have Pre-approval (some schools used to call it Pre-Registration)
- Industrial Training is a course requirement
- We recommend you watch the video on the Moodle course “How does this work?” as it provides a great overview of the Industrial Training process.
- Complete the pre-requisite modules.
- After you complete the pre-requisite modules, choose your school.
- Then you can submit an online Pre-Approval Application Form. You will find the link in the “Pre-Approval Application” Section.
A Quick Overview
- You are still required to complete 60 working days Industrial Training (IT).
- Your placement can be paid, unpaid or non-traditional.
- The supervisor on your placement must hold an engineering degree.
- Your placement can take place anywhere in Australia or overseas.
- You can start looking for placements before you enrol onto the Moodle, however, the Prerequisite modules on the Moodle course will give you valuable career skills for applying for placement and future jobs.
- Industrial Training, please refer to the Industrial Training Student Guide
- Moodle see Moodle Support for Students
- Accessing Your Moodle Marks in your Gradebook
- Website: Engineering students Industrial Training
- Office Location: Ground Floor, Computer Sciences Building (K17) (i.e. the old Engineering Student Support Services). Office open hours are Monday to Thursday, 12pm to 2pm for students to drop by.
- Regarding finding a placement, we encourage you to book an appointment with Careers and Employment as soon as possible. They will help you create a competitive Resume/CV, cover letter and LinkedIn profile.