Most items can be automatically renewed. You can also renew them through myLibrary at any time before their due date.
Items may not renew or due dates may change for various reasons including:
- The due date will change when your loan item has been requested by someone else - recalled items need to be returned wihin seven days .
- Borrowing periods are automatically shortened to three days if requested items are in high demand.
- Loans can shorten if your account will expire soon.
- Loans may not automatically renew if you have fines or blocks on your account.
You will receive an email notification when due dates have changed. You should also regularly check myLibrary or Uni-Verse.
To avoid fines and blocks, return items in person or by post before they are due. If you incur fines:
- You will be blocked from borrowing and renewing items if your library fines and fees reach $20.
- You will be blocked from graduating if you have unpaid library fines.
Contact the Library if you have any questions about borrowing, fines and your Library account, including if you believe you have lost or returned a library book.