When to Use this Form:When applying to have previous study from another institution or another UNSW program counted towards your current degree program. This form is designed for newly commencing students at UNSW. If you are a current student seeking credit transfer towards your degree, please contact your faculty directly.
Term 1: 10 February
Term 2: 27 May
Term 3: 9 September
Please note any applications received after the deadlines may not be processed in time.
You must attach:
- An official transcript and course descriptions of studies undertaken at another institution. Without these, we will be unable to assess your application
Please be aware that if you provided falsified documents in support of your application, then this will result in one of a range of penalties, from failure in the course to suspension or exclusion. In some cases, the matter could also be reported to ICAC.
As a student, you should be aware of your obligations and responsibilities under the Student Code which can be found here: https://student.unsw.edu.au/conduct
- Courses with a successful completion date of 10 years or less may be used for credit within a program provided that program and University rules on credit are satisfied.
- Applications for Credit Transfer must be lodged and approved prior to the commencement of the course for which credit or an exemption is being sought. Once a student has commenced a course, applications for credit for or exemption from that course are not permitted. Under no circumstances will retrospective Credit Transfer be allowed.
- Evidence should be in the form of copies* of the original documents. Alternatively, if your institution has provided you with an eQuals link, this can also be provided.
*Please note we can not guarantee that any original documentation will be returned to you if you provide it, please provide copies to be safe.
- Please allow 10-15 working days for processing.
- Successful applicants will receive an official letter confirming granted credit transfer.
- It is your responsibility to cancel any course(s) for which you have been granted credit before the census date.
Special Information for International Students:
- International students, please note that you must remain enrolled in a full-time load to satisfy visa requirements, regardless of the amount of credit awarded for any given term.